Name: Rudy J. Ferretti
Favorite Classic Game: Well I have been asked the question so many times and so many to choose so, it will have to be Castlevania NES
Why it is your favorite: This game was the ONLY reason I rushed home from school each day to play the NES, I was intrigued by the colors, the originality and the secrets. I loved the idea of being a Vampire Hunter locked inside a castle and no way to turn back, scoring points and learning how to defeat and master the game and the enemies and bosses. The music was so advanced for it’s time and I could remember playing it in my head and talking about it at recess at school, and the problems we had with certain enemies and bosses in the game, and although there were games similar to this game out there, NOTHING compares to the game and the series in itself, and everyone one of them were unique in their own way, I will and have always been a fan dark/evil games and movies but, this game and series is prob the biggest reason why I started playing the NES…
- Rudy had been gaming since he was six years of age. Born May 27, 1979, In New Rochelle, N.Y.. He discovered that he could compete and keep up with the best gamers in the World. I Discovered Twin Galaxies in 2000 and the first score I saw that I Knew I could match was Pitfall two for the Atari 2600, after that I started submitting on the NES going through many battles on many titles and systems. I won many and lost many that’s what a real champion is all about winning and losing. I have a colorful collection of many World Titles that range from fastest times to highest scores and even some that I have lost the 1st place spot on were and will always be notable scores. Some Include one of the most popular games Splatterhouse for TG 16 I was the first high score champion and have lost and regained the score since, I hold the World title on the Sega Genesis Mutant League Hockey with a 43-0 Shutout only to not score higher do to CPU going crazy in the game, A Nightmare on Elm Street for the NES, I was the first high score champion and still am to this day.
- Other scores include Monopoly for the NES 2:!6 Bankruptcy of the Computer, Lethal Weapon NES Max score 602,700, Wizards and Warriors Max Score NES, Home Alone Max score NES 141,340, Castlevania 3 Max score NES 999,999 Nes Monster in my pocket 9,999 max score, Super Mario GB 999,999 Land I have many other scores on multi consoles and have been listed in Guinness gamers edition all 5 years and in 2008 he was featured more than any gamer in the entire world in the book, Video Game collector magazine, Retrocade and in several other books in hopes to be in more.
- Rudy has appeared on Coin-Op TV, Retroware TV and has been on several podcasts on various sites over the years, he is also a World Class Flash gamer on Retromundi.com,
- I have been to many events, and have performed and obtained world records on gaming LIVE and on the Spot.
- Two notable facts about Rudy J. Ferretti, I was the only gamer in history that flew nearly 3000 miles to prove in person that my score On Jaws for the NES was not by a Turbo Controller due to that fact in my prime my finger speed was second to none, I was not only the person to ever Crack 2600 Points on Twin Rifle a novelty Arcade game but it was done on my first try in Las Vegas at the Pinball Hall of fame at the end of several tried I shattered the Record of 2600 points and obtained a whopping 9100 points In front of Walter Day but, it did not stop there a year later on the same machine in the same location, I not only broke the record on ONE try but , I did it in front of Todd Rogers scoring and looping the game 9999, with a new score of 10,200 points after NOT playing the game an entire year.
- The game I revolutionized was for the Atari 2600, the time the score was a sub 40k, I was the first person not only to brake 40k, I scored over a million on the game only to kill off my remaining 50 plus lives in reserve. The game was Muppets Pigs in Space.
- Plagued by politics and and hate and corruption over the years in gaming, Rudy has never truly maxed his performance potentials in gaming and to this his dreams of having the all around gaming league continue but, Rudy says the most important goal and Record of ll is to maintain his record of holding the most NES perfect/max scores that stands at 14 to this day as he continues to play to add to that number and although he may not hold the Tetris score yet, Rudy has placed himself into history of a TOP all time NES player and one of the best all around video gamers in history……
- What’s next for Rudy? will just have to wait and find out.