Shields up, prepare for the first content update for Star Trek Online titled: Season One – Common Ground. Team Cryptic has released a trailer titled: Expanding universe and we have it on The Obsolete Gamer YouTube Page. Check out STO’s trailer titled: Expanding Universe.
So here is some info on what’s coming with the content patch:
- Wargames – Federation players can now participate in PvP against one another to better prepare for the dangers of the battlefield.
- New PvP Map – Explore “Shanty Town,” a brand new Ground Assault map available for both Klingon and Federation players.
- Off-Duty Uniforms – Experience DS9 in style! Starfleet officers will have the option to change into off-duty outfits to enjoy more casual attire.
- New Stances and Hairstyles – Further customize your Captain by changing his or her hairstyle, or adopting two brand new stances: Stern and Relaxed.
- The Captain’s Log – A web-based application to check in on you and your friends’ Captains and ships.
- A New Klingon Battle Cruiser – The K’Tanco Battle Cruiser has been made available to Klingon Lieutenant Commanders.
- Klingon Ship Customization – Use the ship tailor to customize your Bird of Prey, Carrier or Raptor.
- New Fleet Actions Everywhere!
- The Big Dig – Available in Romulan space.
- DS9 Under Siege – The True Way has attacked and boarded DS9. Repel the invasion to save the day.
- Klingons Can Play, Too – Klingon Captains may now access the Crystalline Entity, Big Dig and Breaking the Planet Fleet Actions
- Respec Is Here – Unhappy with your Captain’s skill point allocation? Use the respec tool to change things up. (Available both in-game and as a C-store item.)
- New Skill: Starship Attack Vectors – Improve your ship’s accuracy and critical hit chance.
- New Skill: Combat Maneuvers – Improve your ship’s evasion and turn rate.
- New Skill: Starship Battle Strategy – Improve your ship’s critical hit severity and damage resistance.
In The C-Store
- New Bridge Variants – All new ways to update your Bridges’ look, available for a low price in the C-Store for both Federation and Klingon ships.
- Federation Ship Variants – New takes on your old favorites, available for a low price in the C-Store.
- Respec – Unhappy with your Captain’s skill point allocation? Use the respec tool to change things up.
- Character Slot – Purchase an additional character slot if you’d like to have more than three characters on your account.
- Rename – Changed your mind about the cool name you chose? Get it legally changed! Recognized across the Alpha Quadrant.
- New Federation Playable Species – Become a Tellarite, Pakled or Rigelian.