Name: David Costarigot
Profession: Co-founder and Managing Director
Favorite Classic Game: Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast and GameCube)
Quote: I actually discovered this game a little later than most gamers. As I didn’t own a Dreamcast I had to wait for the GameCube release a few years later. It was unfortunately not a big hit in France and quite difficult to find in stores. Despite these accessibility issues, I’ve had tremendous fun playing this game. I think it’s the RPG that occupied me for the longest time (120 hours). I’ve completed the main story and almost all of the secondary missions. This game is a must-have in my opinion because of:
- Its unique universe (a whole world floating in the sky, flying ships, a great variety in the different areas…)
- Its great sky battles with the flying ships.
- It’s really captivating scenario.
All in all it’s the general atmosphere that fascinates me and the adventure actually reminds me of Star Wars mixed with the universe of pirates!
A very unique game which unfortunately didn’t have any sequel.
Bio: Established in 2009, Zallag is the first video games publisher specialized in the publishing, the distribution and the promotion of dematerialized games. Zallag is interested in all current platforms (WiiWare, Nintendo DSiWare, XBOX Live, PlayStation Network and PC) and also offers comics to extend the universe of its games.
Christelle Chandavoine and David Costarigot are both co-founders of Zallag. After more than 10 years of experience in the video game industry, they have decided to devote all their energy to the dematerialization market, which is currently in high growth. The tremendous success of Trine (digitally sold on PlayStation 3 and PC) on which they worked on speaks for itself: the game was granted the Editor’s Choice Award of the Best Downloadable Game (E3 2009).
- 1. We release in December 2010 the Minis version (Playstation Network) of the amazing iPhone game “SHIFT”. Called “SHIFT extended” and compatible with both PS3 and PSP, this version will offer twice the content from the original game.
- 2. We have just released Gods vs Humans for WiiWare and PC. A nice mix of a Tower Defense game and a God Game with adorable characters 😉